10 Simple Steps To Train Your Dog
Dogs are highly social animals. This can account for their ability to be trained, their playfulness, and ability to fit into human households and social situations. How to train your dog is a question asked by almost all dog owners. It seems everyone has advice and tips, and opinions on the best way to train your dog. Training your dog is a must to avoid dog behavior problems. So what are 10 easy steps to train your dog?
1. Be Consistent. Dogs learn from repetition, the more often they are exposed to something the quicker they will learn it.
2. Never make a dog come to you for discipline. No dog is perfect, and they will all do things we don’t like. NEVER use the command come if you need to discipline your dog. ALWAYS go to them.
3. NEVER hit your dog. They will learn to fear you, not respect you as the pack leader.
4. Always reward a positive outcome. If they do something right reward them for doing it right. Not always with a treat. Sometimes a “good dog” is just as effective.
5. Get the whole family involved. Everyone should be so the dog understands their position in the pack.
6. Do not dismiss dominant behavior. Dogs are pack animals. If they feel they have dominance over another member of the household they will exploit it, and you will develop more severe Dog Behavior Problems.
7. Be patient. Training takes time.
8. Be basic. Don’t start off with fancy tricks and advanced commands. Remember to start with the basics.
9. Be careful. Of gimmicks and untested so called “free dog training packages”. Good or bad, learning to train you dog correctly may cost you some money for a book or program.
10. Remember you can do it yourself.
You can find all sorts of dog training schools, that promise you results and will deliver, but at a high price for training classes. And they still don’t teach you the secret of How to Train your Dog. With patience and support anyone can train their dog, and make the bond even stronger.